PDA

View Full Version : Religion and sexuality

unbwogable
Oct 3, 2005, 2:55 PM
For anyone interested in religion and sexuality, I've started a site called 'Alternative Lifestyles and Religion'. I've started this because of personal experience, as I'm bisexual, and I'm also a missionary kid (my father is a preacher and both my parents live overseas). If anyone is interested, you can find this page at http://www.t8rsalad.com/cgi-bin/ALaR/YaBB.pl

I sincerely hope that this message does not offend anyone or cause any distress to the forum moderators.

-Bryan

nubiwoman
Oct 3, 2005, 3:43 PM
Hello Bryan

I'm fascinated in the dynamics of spirituality and sexuality and visited your site only to find nothing seems to have been posted since May? I was disappointed as it looks like it could be an interesting place to explore belief systems....

good luck with the project anyway... julie x

Sex in Words
Oct 3, 2005, 4:07 PM
Hi Bryan,
I hope you've also had the time to read our feature article on bisexuality in religion. I think you'll enjoy it!
jon

unbwogable
Oct 3, 2005, 4:13 PM
I've been desperately looking for memebers for that forum. I'm fearing that there is too little interest for a forum of the type I've created. Anyway, I appreciate anyone who is interested...

WillowTree
Oct 3, 2005, 5:18 PM
I'd definitely be interested so I'll be checking it out. Religion has been a huge part of my life since I was young and a huge conflict as I try to figure things out.

JohnnyV
Oct 3, 2005, 6:15 PM
Hello,

I don't see why anyone would object to discussing sexuality and religion. It's a part of life for a lot of us. I respect what you are doing a lot and will visit your website. I wish you the best.

J

nakedambrosia
Oct 3, 2005, 8:49 PM
As above, so below. Though I practice a different path, one should read Ten Luminous Emanations Volume 1 an 2 by Rabbi Yehuda Ashlag and Rabbi Isaac Luria; Also, the Sefer Yetzirah (The Book of Creation) by Aryeh Kaplan. In those books on Kabbalah, one will find the thermonuclear first moments of creation. If one could compare the creation of a child versus the creation of the Universe one would find that both are the same; except that, the energy to create a child does not melt down the neighborhood. But, in equal energy, it is the same. As above, so below, as Pagans believe. What is out there can be found down here. Sexuality is a powerful manifestation of creation. It should be celebrated as such and enjoyed as the Creator wants us to. It is a power that cannot be stopped or curtailed. It is found throughout the Universe.