PDA

View Full Version : Happy St Pats...

MarieDelta
Mar 17, 2010, 7:42 PM
http://www.bilerico.com/2010/03/StPatrick.jpg

TwylaTwobits
Mar 17, 2010, 7:50 PM
ROFLMAO was that before or after he rid Ireland of snakes?

onewhocares
Mar 17, 2010, 8:45 PM
Hello All,

As you know, I have a catering business on the side. Today, at my mother's request I made Cornbeef and Cabbage. Well...given the fact that a while back I started a thread about dinner time clunkers....I must add this meal to that...hell I will even boot it to the top of the list. The cornbeef...following the directions on the package shriveled up to the size of a deflated football and tasted just as bad. Good thing the Irish make mighty fine whiskey, cause culinary skills are not their forte. But they make great lovers.

Belle

darkeyes
Mar 17, 2010, 8:58 PM
http://www.bilerico.com/2010/03/StPatrick.jpg

Happy St Pats Day belatedly all.. not being Irish and certainly not being Christian it doesn't mean much to me except as an annual excuse for a few wee drinkies and a giggle.. sorry..but thats the way it is..

..and was St Patrick a Gael, Marie? It is believed he was born somewhere in Britain.. and the Cumbrians , Cornish and Welsh claim him.. and someone once said to me he was a Northumbrian.. when at primary school learning about St Patrick we were told he was born in Galloway in what is now SW Scotland, so we have a claim to him ourselves.. whether he was a Gael as your very funny Toon suggests is questionable, but if he was born in Galloway it is just possible he was since that part of the country was where many Scots first came from Ireland in the 1st place. It is however more than likely that if he came from anywhere in Britain he was a Brythonic Celt.. one who spoke a Brythonic langauge from which modern day Welsh is descended.. this does not preclude him being a Gael for there were pockets of Gaels in many western parts of Britain, and many over time came to speak the language of the native British..

.. well.. sorry to bore the arse offa ya.. but it seemed like a gud idea at the time.. an only two "lil" congacs... luffya trollop... muah!!!

PS.. an wy didn the ole bugga cum ome an get shot a the snakes 'ere..??? Me h8s snakes..... an round bout wer me dad has 'is cottage seems 2 b full a the bloody things...:eek::(

tenni
Mar 17, 2010, 9:03 PM
Happy St. Pat's
I went out to the pub last night. Less crowded from the pretend Irish (I'm genetically pure Irish but Canuck by birth)

Last night was declared "St. Practice Day" by the Irish pub that I went to...:bigrin:

two Guiness for the price of 1.5 Guiness.

slainte

PS darkeyes...It still is St. Pat's day here.

MarieDelta
Mar 17, 2010, 9:15 PM
Happy St Pats Day belatedly all.. not being Irish and certainly not being Christian it doesn't mean much to me except as an annual excuse for a few wee drinkies and a giggle.. sorry..but thats the way it is..

..and was St Patrick a Gael, Marie? It is believed he was born somewhere in Britain.. and the Cumbrians , Cornish and Welsh claim him.. and someone once said to me he was a Northumbrian.. when at primary school learning about St Patrick we were told he was born in Galloway in what is now SW Scotland, so we have a claim to him ourselves.. whether he was a Gael as your very funny Toon suggests is questionable, but if he was born in Galloway it is just possible he was since that part of the country was where many Scots first came from Ireland in the 1st place. It is however more than likely that if he came from anywhere in Britain he was a Brythonic Celt.. one who spoke a Brythonic langauge from which modern day Welsh is descended.. this does not preclude him being a Gael for there were pockets of Gaels in many western parts of Britain, and many over time came to speak the language of the native British..

.. well.. sorry to bore the arse offa ya.. but it seemed like a gud idea at the time.. an only two "lil" congacs... luffya trollop... muah!!!

PS.. an wy didn the ole bugga cum ome an get shot a the snakes 'ere..??? Me h8s snakes..... an round bout wer me dad has 'is cottage seems 2 b full a the bloody things...:eek::(

Technically he wasn't a Gael, I don't believe, He was captured by Irish raiders when in Britain and taken to Ireland as a slave when he was young.

Geeeze fran, it was only a funny :tong:

But he is pure Irish for all a that. Considering he lived his life there as a missionary, until his death.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 17, 2010, 11:17 PM
lol Even tho I have a Scottish/Irish last name I did have sauteed cabbage, onion, bean sprouts and baby asperagus for my dinner tonight. Hey! I'm not Irish, but I love the cabbage..lol
Silly Cat

darkeyes
Mar 18, 2010, 5:23 AM
Technically he wasn't a Gael, I don't believe, He was captured by Irish raiders when in Britain and taken to Ireland as a slave when he was young.

Geeeze fran, it was only a funny :tong:

But he is pure Irish for all a that. Considering he lived his life there as a missionary, until his death.

Me knos it wos only a funny.... jus thot a wee bittie gravitas on such an auspicious day wudn go amiss... nev hav 2 much eddication Marie darlin'..;)

..an actually wos me lead in 2 wtf 'e didn get shotta snakes from Britain... Unfortunately guys r still 'ere.. tee hee:bigrin:

kegspoon
Mar 18, 2010, 7:32 PM
Well, I just have to tell somebody. I dont often celebrate St. patty's day. But I acquired a bottle of Bushmills 16 yr old Single malt, been waiting for 3/17 to open it. A sexy cam friend of mine just happened to be on, so we got naked, got on cam, I opened the bottle, she opened her legs, I took a sip, she licked her juice covered fingers, I took several more sips as I stroked for her, she came, I came, and I'll never sip that whiskey again without thinking of that sexy lass.